At the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) awards luncheon, executives and companies responsible for some of the most influential hotel industry deals in 2013 were honored.
Nominees are considered for the awards based on outstanding business performance in various industry sectors and determined by ALIS sponsors and delegates. This year's winners included:
Development of the Year 2013
• The 378-room Courtyard and 261-room Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park in New York, pictured, developed by Harry Gross and managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Single Asset Transaction of the Year 2013
• A joint venture between Rockpoint Group and Ohana Real Estate sold the 354-room Bacara Resort and Spa in Santa Barbara, Calif., to Pacific Hospitality Group for $185 million.
Merger & Acquisition of the Year 2013
• BRE Select Hotels Corporation, an affiliate of Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII, acquired Apple REIT Six for $1.2 billion.
Jack A. Shaffer Financial Advisor of the Year 2013
• Jacques E. Brand, CEO of North America, Deutsche Bank.
Lifetime Achievement Award
• Jack DeBoer, chairman, Value Place.