The Waldorf Hilton in London completed a £13.5 million hotel-wide renovation that saw the property restored to its 1920s Edwardian style.
The Waldorf Hilton opened in 1908 and is a Grade II listed building. Completed over several phases, the hotel-wide renovation encompassed all 298 guestrooms and seven meeting rooms and event spaces, including the Palm Court, Good Godfrey's Bar, Adelphi Suite and the executive boardroom.
Fox Linton Associates was involved in the renovation.
Fox Linton Associates drew inspiration from the 1920s for the guestrooms that now has antique brass metalwork, silver-leaf and mirrors. Pastel colors and bespoke furniture are also in the guestrooms. Subtle variances in pattern and texture come from Italian leather headboards with antique brass studs, chaise lounges and fabrics that reflect the classic style of the hotel’s early years.
The bathrooms were designed with a monochrome palette of white ceramic tiles, black trim and nickel fittings, also reflecting the 1920s era.
The Adelphi Suite function space was given a new “champagne elegance” color palette and now has bespoke chandeliers with 1920s flute glass shades. The original wall lights were also restored to match, while fan designs, popular in the era, are reflected in the carpet design and curtain trim. Technology was added, as well as new lighting system.
Originally the gentlemen's smoking room and bar of the hotel, the Executive Boardroom was restored and converted to a boardroom. It has traditional fireplaces and oil paintings.
The traditional public spaces were also revamped.
The Palm Court was restored to its former Edwardian glory. Old aspects of the ballroom were brought back to life, including the black clock, lanterns, columns, cornicing and balustrades.
Good Godfrey's Bar and Lounge opened its doors in 2011. The brand new interior has large antiqued mirrors and a bar with illuminated marble, chrome and granite elements.