* Hong Kong: Marriott International opened the Courtyard by Marriott Hong Kong Sha Tin in April. The 539-room hotel is the largest Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Asia, and is the second Courtyard hotel in Hong Kong.
* Dual-branded: Hilton Worldwide opened the dual-branded Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center and Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown Convention Center. The 12-story property has 120 Hampton guestrooms and 182 Homewood Studio suites. The complex is owned by 550 15th Owner and managed by Stonebridge Companies.
* Marriott Dubai: The JW Marriott Marquis opened in Dubai, debuting as the world’s tallest hotel. The hotel is owned by Emirates Group.
* Sonesta Gwinnett: The 426-room Sonesta Gwinnett Place opened in the Atlanta suburb of Duluth. The property is managed by the Sonesta International Hotels Corpn.
* Ritz-Carlton: The 532-room Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal has a 16,146-square-foot Roma Ballroom capable of accommodating up to 900 guests.
* Millennium Minneapolis: The 321-room Millennium Hotel Minneapolis reopened following a four-month, $22-million renovation. The renovation focused on the hotel’s guestrooms, meeting space, lobby, restaurant, pool and HVAC.
* B2 miami: B Hotels and Resorts opened the b2 miami downtown, the brand’s first b2 hotel. The 243-room hotel offers bayfront views.
* Holiday Inn: The Holiday Inn Express Romulus/Detroit Metro Airport opened following multi-million-dollar renovations. The 110-room hotel is owned by the Koza family and managed by Group 10 Management.
* Duqm opening: The Crowne Plaza Duqm opened in Oman, joining three other properties owned by the InterContinental Hotels Group. The 213-room property has five restaurants and lounges.
* Best Western: The Best Western Cebu Sand Bar Resort opened on the island of Mactan. The 58-room hotel is the seventh Best Western hotel in the Philippines.
* Cobblestone Hotels: The Cobblestone Inn and Suites and Convention Center opened in Bottineau, N.D. The 45-room hotel has a conference center capable of holding up to 500 people.
* Hotel RIU: The Hotel RIU Nautilus in Andalusia, Spain, reopened following the completion of a $6.5-million renovation. The 293-room hotel is adults only.
* Starwood opening: Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide opened the Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel. Owned by an affiliate of Platinum Equity, the hotel completed a multimillion-dollar renovation prior to reopening.
* Marriott India: The JW Marriott Hotel Pune opened in India after a conversion. The business hotel is the first Marriott property in the Asia Pacific region to undergo a conversion.
* Washington D.C.: Capella Hotels and Resorts opened a 49-room property in Washington, D.C. This is Capella’s first hotel in the U.S. since it ceased operating the Setai in Manhattan.