* Montana sale: Red Lion Hotels Corp. sold the Red Lion Inn Missoula in Montana for $1.95 million to RASM Properties. As part of the deal, the new owners signed a franchise agreement with the company. The property was listed with CBRE Hotels.
* Anguilla repositioning: Adventurous Journeys Capital Partners (AJ Capital Partners) acquired the 55-room Malliouhana Hotel & Spa in Anguilla. The new ownership group has retained Auberge Resorts to lead the renovation and repositioning of the resort. A purchase price was not disclosed. (See page 10 for more on the deal.)
* Back Bay deal: Loews Hotels & Resorts completed the acquisition of the 225-room Back Bay Hotel in Boston. The former Doyle Collection property was immediately converted to the Loews Hotels brand. Plans now call for a roughly $8-million renovation scheduled to begin in the fall.
* Rutherford redesign: RockBridge Partners, a division of RockBridge, and Concord Hospitality Enterprises, acquired the 167-room Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel in Rutherford, N.J., for an undisclosed amount. The hotel will undergo a $5.25-million renovation.
* DoubleTree acquisition: In a joint venture, Richfield Hospitality and real estate investor Shelbourne Falcon Investors purchased the DoubleTree Burlington hotel in Vermont for an undisclosed amount. It is the fourth hotel acquisition made by the duo.