The Renaissance Pere Marquette in New Orleans has jazzed up the hotel with a $5 million renovation, the first in its history. The makeover happened in two phases and was completed at then end of 2007. Below is a highlight of significant developments that took place at the hotel.
- Restaurant - MiLa is a new restaurant concept and culinary experience that is lead by master chefs Allison Vines-Rushing and Slade Rushing. MiLa is the "marriage" of the chefs home state cuisines - Mississippi and Louisiana. Its cuisine is a fusion of evolution of Mississippi and Louisiana fare, with strong emphasis on provisions sourced from regional farms. The space is designed to complement the cultivated Southern cuisines, with a relaxed yet serious custom-designed interior, intending to harness the spirit of the South and influence of nature. Signature dishes include cultivated Southern classics such as: Oyster Rockefeller "Deconstructed," Pig Cheeks & Langoustines, and New Orleans Style Barbeque Lobster. Bar dining includes delectable Southern-inspired small bites such as Blue Crab Fondue and Hushpuppies and Caviar. The wine list features selections not easily found in New Orleans.
- Front Desk/Concierge Area - The relocation and renovation of the front desk and concierge areas allows guests to check in at either location and also adds two self check-in kiosks.
- Lobby/ Bar - The new and vibrant bar offers weekly live music and exclusive special appearances by renowned musicians.
- "Great Room" - The "great room" concept is carried throughout the lobby area and adds scents, jazz music, set lighting and decorative accessories to enhance guests' sense of arrival. Additionally, the "great room" includes an area with books and magazines for guests and wireless Internet throughout. The "great room" is designed to be the hub of social interaction, as well as a respite for guests who want to be alone outside their rooms.
- Starbucks - The lobby area offers a "We Proudly Brew" Starbucks kiosk.
For more information on the Renaissance Pere Marquette, call 1.866.530.3763 or log onto www.renaissanceperemarquette.com
Eileen Almonte I Quinn & Co. I 520 Eighth Avenue, 21 Fl. I New York, NY 10018 I T: 212.868.1900 x233 I F: 212.465.0849 I [email protected]