POMPANO BEACH, Fla.—The first Residence Inn by Marriott in the state of Florida to be situated “on the sand,” just steps from the Atlantic Ocean, opened in Pompano Beach. The Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach hotel was converted from the recently built Ocean Sands Resort & Spa and has completed a multi-million dollar renovation that further upgraded all suites and public space. The property is owned by a joint venture that includes Aztec Group, Inc., Mercury Investment and Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company. Concord oversaw the renovation and will continue to manage the property.
The hotel is located at 1350 North Ocean Boulevard and is approximately 20 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale Airport and five minutes from nearby Pompano Beach Airpark, which caters to private airplanes.
The property, which is within 100 steps of the water’s edge, offers a combination of luxury over-sized studios and one- and two-bedroom suites ranging in size from 560 to 981 square feet, all featuring spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. The resort also boasts a luxury, 20,000 square-foot spa, Ocean Sands Spa, salon, spacious, fully-equipped fitness center with more than 20 pieces of sophisticated work-out equipment, and two swimming pools. Other on-site amenities include a business center, sundries shop, valet parking and wired and wireless Internet throughout the property.
The lobby, which is wrapping up its renovation, features unobstructed, wall-to-wall views of the ocean. Oceano (Portuguese for Ocean), a new, full-service bistro and lounge, will open later this month and will offer a wide-ranging menu that includes a number of Brazilian signature items. The bistro and connecting lounge offer pool-side service.
Suites were upgraded to include 37-inch flat-panel TVs, full kitchens, full-size washers and dryers--a necessary luxury to tend to wet swimwear--and upgraded bathroom fixtures and furniture.
“As the city’s only full-service resort and spa directly on the ocean, our goal is to make the property a resort travel destination with all the amenities that a leisure, business or area resident guest would want to enjoy,” said Heather Hanley, general manager. “Guests can relax and take full advantage of our spa and fitness center, the beach and all the associated water activities or venture out to the more than 10 golf courses and tennis courts within a 10-mile radius. World-class shopping is minutes away in adjacent Ft. Lauderdale and Boca Raton.”
The resort hotel will offer a variety of packages targeted to business, leisure and area resident guests:
• Beach Weddings— “With our beach location, we are the ideal site for an unforgettable wedding,” Hanley said. “We can accommodate weddings and other family and social gatherings of 100 guests or more.”
• Girlfriend Get-aways—Designed for groups of women looking to get away, visit the spa, relax at the oceanside lounge, or sit by the pool or on the beach, the hotel will feature constantly changing packages to appeal to area residents.
• Friends and Family Visits—The resort is surrounded by a number of condominium complexes. “When friends and family come to visit, there often isn’t enough comfortable space in a condo to accommodate them,” Hanley said. “Research indicates that friends and families prefer their own space to sleeping on a couch. With our central location, we’re within walking distance of thousands of units.”
• Fitness/Wellness—The resort offers a variety of indoor and oceanside meeting space. The spa and fitness facility features a Pilates room and a layout suitable for classes, recertification events, or groups who want to get away and work on their fitness and wellness.
• Nearby Hospitals--Broward Medical Center and Holy Cross Hospital are within minutes of the hotel, which makes the Residence Inn a perfect rejuvenating headquarters for elective surgery recovery, as well as for people visiting family members who are having procedures at the nearby medical facilities.
• The Ocean Sands Spa Treatments—The 20,000 square-foot spa offers a full range of treatments including body exfoliations, water rituals, massage therapy, eastern therapies, body wraps, facial rejuvenation, advanced skin therapy, exfoliating facial treatments, skin enhancements, hand care, foot care, day spa packages, hair care, waxing services and health and fitness activities.