Valencia, Spain—Wanna go to Spain? Sure you do. Who doesn’t? The culture, the architecture, the history, the food and wine – Spain has it all. Currently, Tile of Spain is looking for architects and designers to participate in its annual junket to Spain. Are you the person we’re looking for?
If you’re an architect or interior designer, have an affinity for ceramic tile and can travel from Feb. 5-13, 2010, then this is the opportunity for you. Read on.
Tile of Spain is the umbrella brand managed jointly by the Trade Commission of Spain in Miami, FL and the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER) in Valencia, Spain. These organizations conduct an annual media junket to Spain consisting of 10-12 American journalists. This free trip coincides with Cevisama, the International Ceramic Tile and Bath Furnishings Show held in Valencia. The first half of the trip includes a few days exploring a region of Spain to immerse in the local culture, see notable sites and attractions that are of architectural and design significance and to gain a general understanding and appreciation for Spain. The latter half of the trip includes visiting Cevisama, factory and booth tours and a press conference.
Reign in Spain A&D Tour - Call for Participants
This year, for the first time, Tile of Spain is reserving a minimum of THREE spots on the tour for architects and/or designers. This is a free trip to Spain.
The junket will travel via Madrid to Granada on Feb. 5, 2010 and will spend several days exploring such culturally and architecturally significant sites as the world-famous Alhambra Palace. On Feb. 9, the group will travel to Valencia, the business epicenter of Spain’s ceramic tile industry and the venue for Cevisama 2010.
How to Get In on the Excitement
1. Determine your eligibility based on the qualifications listed below.
2. Complete application form.
3. Return application by deadline of Dec. 23, 2009
4. Participants will be selected based on eligibility and the quality of their answers completed on the entry form. Preference will be given to those with an affinity for ceramic tile as a building or design material or those who have used ceramic tile in past projects and/or plan to use ceramic tile in the future.
5. Selected participants will be notified by Jan. 8, 2010.
• Must be available for the duration of the tour which is from Feb. 5-13, 2010.
• Must be an accredited architect or interior designer with current affiliation with AIA, ASID and/or IIDA.
• Must be an architect or interior designer currently living in the United States.
• Must be willing to participate in all activities of the junket, within reason. There will be free time for exploring the cities on your own but most activities, meals and excursions are planned beforehand and are required.
• Round-trip airfare from the United States to Madrid
• Single occupancy hotel room for duration of stay
• All group transportation during the tour, does not include cab or bus fare for city exploration during free time
• Admission to scheduled attractions and tradeshow