The Waldorf Astoria New York completed a $12-million dollar restoration project of its interior motor court.
An enclosed drive that welcomed celebrities and dignitaries was transformed to allow for a more private arrival for those seeking the anonymity and security that comes with a stay at the hotel. The private entrance now has Art Deco finishes reflecting the original design concept of the building.
Restored to its original scope of 1931, the motor court has been reshaped into a four lane arrival venue playing off the hotel’s Art Deco design. A granite-curbed circular drive creates an enhancement to the original design of Schultz and Weaver. The cobblestone finish improves visual appeal while providing an elevated setting from the surrounding city streets. Fluted stone wall panels equipped with a lighting package illuminate the space. Limestone columns and door-frames, adorned with the Waldorf Astoria’s nickel-silver finish, reflect the hotel’s architecture.
Waldorf Astoria New York has luxury guestrooms and suites, with all accommodations featuring marble bathrooms, wired and wireless Internet access and flat-screen televisions. The Waldorf Towers, located on the uppermost floors of the Waldorf Astoria, provides a collection of rooms and suites with such features as antiques and individual décor creating a residential appeal. Available is a separate entrance on 50th street, as well as access to the Astoria Lounge.
For events, the property has a ballroom, and conference rooms at the fourth floor that can accommodate meetings for up to 100 delegates. The Executive Meeting Center, occupying the entire 18th floor with 8,000 square feet of meeting space, has 13 adjoining rooms with cityscape and river views.