Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Maui, Hawaii, will host the first Fire It Up! culinary event this July, providing guests and locals with a taste of tantalizing barbecue flavors from around the country. A live-fire food, wine, beer and bourbon event, Fire It Up! is deliciously curated to showcase Hawaii’s bountiful meats, seafood and produce cooked exclusively with fire. The event features culinary stars from around the country in an evening of beachside indulgence, coupled with live entertainment, exciting activities and more.
Hosted by Grand Wailea’s all-star chef team, Fire It Up! will feature signature dishes from renowned celebrity chefs such as Hubert Keller, and pit masters across the U.S., who will each serve a signature dish cooked by live-fire. As attendees bask in the beach setting alongside the waters of the Pacific Ocean, they’ll savor dishes such as carnita tacos, Kualoa Ranch Oysters Rockefeller, whole pig, adult smores, and much more.
Alongside the cuisine will be cocktails complimenting the fare prepared by John Tiogo, Grand Wailea beverage manager and mixologist. Guests can also enjoy a selection of bourbon and tequila cocktails, wines, and Grand Wailea’s signature Gose beer, brewed exclusively for the resort by Maui Brewing Company.
Live entertainment will accompany the evening, featuring performances by Hawaii talents including Makana, Cyral Pahinui and more. Chef Hubert Keller will also demonstrate his DJ skills. Interactive games for the little ones will also be available.
Participating Grand Wailea chefs
- Ryan Urig, executive chef
- Jorge Gonzalez, executive sous chef
- Christian Brassfield, executive pastry chef
- Mike Lofaro, chef de cuisine, Humuhumunukunukuapua’a
- Adam Rzeczkowski, chef de cuisine, Bistro Molokini
Participating celebrity chefs and pit masters:
- Hubert Keller, chef/owner, Fleur, Las Vegas
- John Tesar, chef/owner, Knife, Dallas,
- Justin Brunson, chef/owner, Old Major, Denver
- Bill Durney, pit master/owner, Hometown Barbecue, New York
- Sam Jones, pit master/owner, Sam Jones Barbecue, North Carolina
- Sheldon Simeon, chef/owner, Tin Roof, Kahului, Maui, Hawaii