RLHC (Red Lion Hotels Corporation) is encouraging guests, hotel associates and surrounding community members to sport pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Throughout the month of October, the brand will offer a lineup of events and property offerings each week to drive awareness of the disease and raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure.
The lobbies of all Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse and Settle Inn properties will don pink signage, pink flowers, pink exterior lighting and more. In addition to the campaign’s presence in RLHC lobbies, there will also be a digital and local event component.
At Hotel RL locations, the brand’s neighborhood-driven performance platform, the Living Stage, will dedicate a weekly performance during the month of October to Breast Cancer Awareness. The lineup will include a Susan G. Komen speaker, a survivor forum with local participants sharing their stories, “Dressed in Pink Manicures” for guests, a poetry night and more.
“This is more than just going pink for a month. We’re committed to doing our part to eradicate breast cancer,” said Greg Mount, president and CEO of RLHC. “With this campaign, we aim to increase awareness of the disease in hopes to raise funds for research and honor those who have fought against it. This is an initiative that is a major passion point for us and that we are extremely proud of.”
Additional guests experiences will include:
- $2 bike rentals with all proceeds donated to the charity throughout the month of October
- Campaign inspired Instagram frames set up in the lobby for guests to engage and share using the hashtag #RLHCGoesPink
- Local cancer walk signup stations for guests and hotel associates
- Self-serve donation baskets located throughout the lobbies
- Pink palate pleasers such as a pink breakfast selection, signature pink drink offerings at the bar and a “Dressed in Pink” themed happy hour in which proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen foundation