Hotel Management publishes surveys throughout the year presenting in-depth data about the major hospitality industry segments, from design firms to multiunit owners and developers. Participation in our surveys is voluntary and free of charge. When surveys are open, you will receive an email with a link that will take you directly to the online survey, where you can submit your data electronically. No login is required to access surveys.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR SURVEYS
Jump to our Survey FAQ and answers
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE A SURVEY OR CHANGE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
- If you already receive email notification to participate in our surveys, you don't need to do anything. You will receive an e-mail when the surveys you participate in are open.
- Not signed up to receive our surveys? Fill out our online form below.
- Need to change your contact information, or add/delete which surveys you would like to participate in? Fill out our online form below and please indicate any special instructions in the comment field.
SURVEY NAMES, PUBLISH DATES & WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Top Hotel Brands (published in February Hotel Management): Chain companies that own, manage and/or franchise branded properties
- Top Third-Party Management Companies (published in March Hotel Management): Third-party management companies
- Top Hotel Brokers (published in April Hotel Management): Hotel brokers
- Top Limited-Service Hotel Chains (published in April Hotel Management): Hotel chain companies considered limited-service across all chain scale segments
- Hotel Franchise Fees (published in May Hotel Management): Hotel franchisor companies
- Top Design Firms (published in June Hotel Management): Hotel interior design and/or architecture firms
- Top Purchasing Companies (published in July Hotel Management): Hotel purchasing companies
- Top Construction Companies (published in August Hotel Management): Hotel construction companies
- Top Hotel Companies (published in September Hotel Management): Hotel brands, franchisors, third-party management companies, developers and multiunit ownership companies. Not: Design firms, construction companies, brokers, purchasing companies)
- Top Multiunit Owners and Developers (published in October Hotel Management): Owners and/or developers of more than one hotel property
Q: I have already filled out the survey. Why am I still getting reminder emails that the survey is still open? These are really annoying!
A: Every survey can be accessed via two links: The link you receive in the email reminder you get to take the survey, and the "public" link that anyone can use to access the survey (this is the link we publish in our newsletters, and the link you may use to forward the survey to a colleague). If you use the link tied to your unique email address, then you won't receive the subsequent reminders to take the survey. However, if you use the public link to take the survey, you will receive each reminder and you may simply delete those reminders if you already have taken the survey.
Q: I just filled out this information for you guys! Can't you pick it up from the last survey I did for you?
A: Unfortunately, the online survey system we use does not store your responses from previous surveys. We keep our surveys really simple so you should be able to complete them in five minutes or less.
Q: What's this thing called the Advisor? And why do you need me to fill out more surveys for it?
A: Our December issue is called the Advisor, and in it we run updated versions of our most popular surveys from throughout the year. So yes, every October you will receive emails asking you to once again submit survey information. In many cases we are asking for more current numbers, so please bear with us and see the above response about why we keep our surveys brief!
Q: You keep sending me emails about these surveys and I'm not the person who should be receiving them. Or, the person you are sending the emails to no longer works at the company and I need to change his/her information so I get the surveys instead. What do I do?
A: Fill out the form below with the name and email address of the person at your company who should receive email notifications when surveys are open. Then in the comments section of the form, tell us who to remove. Easy!
Q: I swear that I completed the survey but when I got the issue, my company wasn't listed. What's up?
A: We warn you at the start of every survey to make sure you hit the gray "SUBMIT" button every time it shows up. If you for some reason forget to hit that submit button, we won't receive your data.
Q: I got the issue and my company wasn't listed in a survey we should have been listed in. Why didn't you know to include us?
A: Unfortunately we're not mind-readers (wouldn't that make life easier?). Our surveys are based 100 percent on YOUR participation. If you don't participate each time, you won't be listed. Fill out our form to let us know what surveys you're interested in. Or sign up for our free enewsletters, because we always include public links to take our surveys here.