Choice Hotels International's Comfort brand is continuing with its Move to Modern initiative, which brought about 10 new hotel openings in the last three months. As part of the strategy, Comfort is working towards opening one new hotel per week in 2017, a goal the brand is on its way to achieving. As part of Choice Hotels International, the new Comfort properties reflect the brand's transformation and new design, which includes a refreshed, modern look and feel.
"The Comfort brand has been reimagined. Our Truly Yours prototype offers a superior level of accommodations that help drive guest loyalty and a strong return on investment for franchisees," Anne Smith, VP, brand management and design, Choice Hotels, said in a statement. "As we rapidly expand, guests are experiencing the new Comfort, and developers and hoteliers can see the positive impact."
The Truly Yours design package, which includes a contemporary, welcoming exterior, lobby and guest rooms, is the cornerstone of the Comfort brand's Move to Modern initiative, introduced to enhance the brand's existing portfolio of hotels. Move to Modern is a phased approach, with all public spaces and guest rooms fully renovated across the brand by the end of 2019.
"Our development momentum demonstrates our commitment to have the Comfort brand lead in the upper midscale segment," Brian Quinn, VP, franchise development, Choice Hotels, said in a statement. "We don't just look at what our hoteliers need today, we also consider the long term, always providing franchisees with the tools to be successful for years to come."
The recent Comfort hotel openings are located across the country, and include a mix of new construction and conversion projects:
- Comfort Suites in Channelview, Texas – 70 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Independence, Kan. – 53 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in San Antonio – 92 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Biloxi, Miss. – 100 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Memphis, Tenn. – 92 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Edgewood, N.M. – 70 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn & Suites in Junction City, Kan. – 60 guestrooms
- Comfort Inn in Saulte Ste. Marie, Mich., – 86 guestrooms
- Comfort Suites in North Charleston, S.C. – 100 guestrooms
There are more than 1,800 Comfort hotels open across North America.