The Hyatt House Jersey City officially opened, marking the first Hyatt House hotel in the city. Jointly owned by One Exchange Urban Renewal, Concord Hospitality and Rockbridge, Hyatt House Jersey City is located in Jersey City’s Exchange Place neighborhood. The property is managed by Concord Hospitality.
“Hyatt House Jersey City has been designed with our guests in mind, including free Wi-Fi in all guestrooms and common areas; around-the-clock food and beverage offerings; delicious complimentary hot breakfast; and spaces that flex to meet guests’ needs,” Mark DiPiazza, GM of the property, said in a statement. “We want each and every guest who comes through our doors to feel that they can let their real-life routines roll on, even when they’re on the road.”
Hyatt House Jersey City is located in the Exchange Place neighborhood of Jersey City, directly next to the Exchange Place Light Rail Station on the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, which runs north to North Bergen, N.J., and south to Bayonne, N.J. The hotel is also located across the plaza from the Exchange Place PATH Station, which runs east to the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan and west to Newark Penn Station in Newark, N.J.
“This project falls right in our sweet spot,” Mark Laport, Concord’s president and CEO, said in a statement. “Hyatt House Jersey City will open in the midst of a solid and growing financial center and will be served by a major transportation hub that puts nearly five million people annually at our doorstep."
The 258-room hotel is an adaptive reuse of a 97-year-old bank building, the First National Bank of Jersey City, representing a multimillion-dollar investment in Jersey City that will produce more than $1.6 million in annual revenue to the city. The 14-story, residentially-inspired hotel offers 10,000 square feet of street-level retail space including a Dunkin’ Donuts and SUBWAY. The hotel also includes a rooftop restaurant and lounge with retractable glass ceiling that offers views of the New York City skyline and Statute of Liberty.
Hyatt House Jersey City offers:
- 258 apartment-style kitchen suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms with complimentary skin and hair care amenities from KenetMD
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
- Complimentary Morning Spread, a full hot breakfast served daily for guests, including a build-your-own omelet bar and assorted Breakfast Breads + Bowls Bar with steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and more, along with vegetarian and gluten free options
- The Terrace Bar at Exchange Place, a lounge with an open space for guests to relax, gather and socialize. The space includes the Sip + Snack Menu, a menu with items including soups and sandwiches, plus premium beers and wines, offered seven days a week
- The Rooftop at Exchange Place, which includes a fire and water feature
- 24/7 Guest Market/H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches.
- 24-hour gym
- The Terrace Level with more than 2,300 square feet of semi-private event spaces, a food and beverage menu, audiovisual equipment and a House Host
- Borrows Menu with forgotten items from phone charges to razors
- A Very Important Resident program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 plus consecutive nights
- Additional services, including guest laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to extended-stay guests
- A pet-friendly policy that welcomes dogs and cats
Hyatt House Jersey City is under the leadership of GM Mark DiPiazza and director of sales and marketing Desiree Dickey. In his role, DiPiazza is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 80 associates. Dickey is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Jersey City area.