* Home2 Suites by Hilton opened its second hotel in the state of New York with the Home2 Suites by Hilton Long Island City/Manhattan View. The 10-story, 115-suite hotel is owned by an affiliate of Radisson Development.
* The Westin Wilmington opened in Wilmington, Delaware. The 180-room hotel is owned by a joint venture between The Buccini/Pollin Group and Westport Capital.
* The Holiday Inn Express Rio Branco hotel opened in Brazil. The 110-room hotel is owned by Inter Oceanica Hotelaria, and is a franchisee of an affiliate of the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
* The Aloft Calgary University hotel is the first Aloft hotel in western Canada. The property has 143 guestrooms and 4,000 square feet of meeting space.
* The 126-room Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport in Roanoke, Va., opened. Owned by DSA Roanoke, it is the third Hampton property in the Roanoke area and the 59th in Virginia.
* The Himalayas’ newest hotel opening was the Shangri-La Hotel, Lhasa. This 289-room hotel has garden, mountain or Potala Palace views, and complimentary mini-bar upon arrival and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
* InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) opened the 201-room Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo hotel in Ontario. The property underwent a $10.9-million renovation funded by the owner, Vista Hospitality Group.