Hilton opened the Tru by Hilton Las Vegas Airport, marking the brand's eighth U.S. hotel, its largest location and its westernmost property to-date. Managed by Dallas-based Prism Hotels & Resorts, Tru by Hilton Las Vegas Airport is located less than three miles from the Vegas Strip.
“Tru by Hilton is a true pioneer in the midscale segment, and the very first to meet the needs of a previously underserved group of travelers who seek simplicity and value without compromising quality and design,” Alexandra Jaritz, global head, Tru by Hilton, said in a statement. “We’re incredibly excited to continue our western expansion with Tru by Hilton Las Vegas Airport. This property opening is a testament to our robust pipeline, and we look forward to continuing this momentum heading into 2018.”
Owned by the United Brotherhood of Carpenters, the six-floor, 166-room Tru by Hilton Las Vegas Airport is the largest Tru by Hilton hotel property to date. Located at 6862 Gilespie Street, next to the McCarran International Airport, the hotel offers a 24-hour complimentary shuttle that includes stops at the airport and the Strip.
The hotel is also located steps from the United Brotherhood of Carpenters' International Training Center, a facility spanning more than 1 million square feet also managed by Prism Hotels & Resorts.
“Tru by Hilton perfectly meets the needs of those coming for training at our facility, as well as travelers looking for something that has such an innovative product offering and design,” Justin Weidner, chief of staff, United Brotherhood of Carpenters, said in a statement.
“Managing our new Tru by Hilton property, as well as the training facility for the UBC, has been an honor for Prism and an exciting opportunity to show our unmatched hospitality expertise as best-in-class operators,” Steve Van, president and CEO, Prism Hotels & Resorts, said in a statement.
Tru hotels offer the following features:
- Enlarged lobby with areas to work, play games, eat or lounge.
- A build-your-own complimentary "Top It" breakfast bar that has 30 sweet and savory toppings.
- Smaller guestrooms with 55-inch TVs. Bathrooms include large showers and premium bath amenities.
- National and local brand gourmet snacks and drinks are available 24/7 in the "Eat. & Sip." market located in the lobby.
- Technology integration with mobile check-in, Digital Key, free Wi-Fi, remote printing, a social media wall, lobby and market tablets and accessibility to outlets.
- A fitness center that leverages the latest fitness trends through barre, TRX bands, free weights, cardio and flexibility gear, plus guests can get workout ideas from the fitness center tablet.