The historic Hotel del Coronado, located in Coronado, Calif., will officially join the Curio Collection by Hilton this month. The hotel was hand-picked to be a part of the collection of independent hotels and resorts, and the property will soon celebrate its 130-year anniversary.
"What a landmark day for Curio Collection by Hilton, as we welcome one of the world's most celebrated and storied hotels," Mark Nogal, global head, Curio Collection by Hilton, said in a release. "We look forward to continuing the authentic tradition of Hotel del Coronado while the hotel establishes its place as a true gem in our growing collection of hotels and resorts that are remarkable destinations unto themselves."
Built in 1888 and designated a National Historic Landmark, Hotel del Coronado offers guests beachfront dining, a spa, shopping, recreational activities and cottages and villas at Beach Village at The Del.
In addition to 757 guestrooms, the property also offers:
- Dining Experiences: Spanning from a retro ice cream parlor to locally inspired fine dining with ocean views at 1500 OCEAN, led by Chef Meredith Manee.
- Crown Room Brunch and VIP Chef's Table Brunch: A chilled seafood bar, regionally-inspired dishes, a gourmet Bloody Mary bar, made-to-order mimosas and a candy and dessert bar complete with a design-your-own donut station are available. VIP guests are treated to a culinary experience by Chef de Cuisine Joshua Mouzakes, which includes a walk through the resort's beachfront fresh herb garden.
- Clambakes on the Beach: Complete with a sunset backdrop, live entertainment and interactive beach games, guests cane take part in a shellfish feast with executive chef John Shelton's coastal favorites.
- The Spa & Salon at The Del: Relaxing treatments and beauty therapies—complete with a private terrace offering a vanishing-edge pool overlooking the Pacific—are available.
- Beach Spin at The Del: Beach Spin is a unique fitness experience overlooking the Pacific on the resort's Paseo Lawn.
- Del Watersports: Surfing, paddle boarding and skim boarding equipment are available for rent for guests looking to ride the Pacific waves.
- DelVenture: Children ages 4-12 can enjoy one-hour activities and longer evening adventures such as Tahitian Nights, Future Chefs, Dinosaur Digs, Beach Olympics and more.
- Mermaid Fitness: This aerobic workout is an instructor-led fusion of swimming, core, cardio and strength training set to upbeat music while guests wear a colorful tail.
The property's 47 meeting venues range from 300 to 12,500 square feet, and can accommodate up to 1,200 guests. In addition, indoor, outdoor and oceanfront facilities are available, offering views of the Pacific for group retreats and weddings.