CommonWealth Lodging, formerly known as Afton Hospitality, added five hotels to its management portfolio. The portfolio includes the following premium branded hotels in the Marriott International and Hilton Worldwide franchise systems:
- 170 room Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista in Orlando, Fla.
- 139 room Fairfield Inn by Marriott Orlando Airport in Orlando, Fla.
- 130 room Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte - Gastonia in Gastonia, N.C.
- 208 room DoubleTree by Hilton North Druid Hills / Emory Area in Atlanta, Ga.
- 111 room Hampton Inn by Hilton North Druid Hills in Atlanta, Ga.
CommonWealth Lodging will manage the five hotels and will oversee a multi-million-dollar renovation for the DoubleTree and Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport locations. Both hotels will remain open and fully operational with renovations planned for completion in the fourth quarter of 2015.
“We will continue to work to identify great hotels in great locations, while aligning with the finest brands and hiring the best talent in the industry," said Edward C. Denton, EVP of CommonWealth Lodging. "We are excited to welcome our new associates at these five hotels and look forward to further accelerating our growth through the exceptional talent of our great employees and partners."