The Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental is nearing completion of its multi-million-dollar renovation. The 573-room hotel's property-wide renovation includes transformations to the hotel’s exterior, guestrooms, suites, meeting rooms, lobby, restaurants, public areas and fitness center.
The hotel updated its front entrance, registration and lobby. Renovated guestrooms have an updated soft-contemporary design with streamlined case goods, decorative lighting, luxury linens, transitionally-styled artwork, carpet and window coverings. The custom-designed headboards incorporate the latest technological conveniences with task lighting, electric outlets and USB capabilities. High-speed wireless Internet access and 47-inch LCD TVs are standard room amenities. Bathrooms have been designed to showcase modern fixtures and décor while providing increased dressing area space. New stand-up tile showers with sleek, transparent glass doors have replaced the tub/shower combos.
The hotel's 34 meeting rooms, with 30,000 square feet of total meeting space, have new furnishings, carpet, wall coverings and new technology. Meeting room and celebration spaces are outfitted with audio/visual systems. Catering, professional meeting planners and Marriott certified wedding planners are available on-site. The hotel also has an outdoor saltwater pool.
Recent changes to the hotel include:
- The lobby now has the Marriott Great Room concept design complete with an all-day restaurant and full-service bar.
- The Texas-sized Great Room offers guests diverse social experiences including flexible seating with communal tables for networking and soft seating options paired with Wi-Fi connectivity throughout.
- The lobby registration area creates a sense of place with artwork depicting scenes of the downtown skyline, Port of Houston and the oil and gas industry.
- The Flights Lounge & Grill, a three-meal dining option in the lobby area, is available.
- Along with artisanal drinks, the full-service bar is enhanced by active media, flight boards announcing arrival and departure time updates and integrated power and business solutions for printing and working.
- A completely new Business Center.
- All public areas within the hotel were updated to match the style of interiors.
- A complete exterior renovation of the building with façade improvements including an updated porte-cochère, fresh paint, beautified landscaping and new signage.