La Quinta Holdings revealed a new, integrated marketing campaign to support the launch of enhancements to its loyalty program, La Quinta Returns, including the debut of its “Winning @ Business” television and digital campaign.
The launch of the updated La Quinta Returns loyalty program includes gives members more options when redeeming points, a streamlined redemption process, more ways to earn points and more recognition during each stay.
“We are launching these innovative changes to our loyalty program to build on the Company’s third strategic priority - to drive engagement with our brand by investing in points of differentiation and to attract new guests to La Quinta,” Keith Cline, president and CEO at La Quinta, said in a statement. “With Redeem Away! and Instant Free Nights, two new benefits, we are encouraging our members to engage with the brand while on the go. The enhanced La Quinta Returns program has a wider range of benefits that appeal to all types of travelers.”
The program's new advertising campaign was developed in tandem with DDB-Chicago, and includes TV ads, radio spots and sharable campaign extensions across social, e-mail and digital platforms.
To give members access to the new features and benefits in addition to searching for and booking a room, the La Quinta program, including its mobile platform and Returns app, have been redesigned and improved to include:
- Redeem Away: An initiative that allows members to redeem points on the go for everyday purchases such as restaurant meals, groceries and online bookstores.
- Instant Free Nights: A new offering allowing members to use a mobile phone to redeem for a free night at check-in.
- Global Hotel Access: Members can use points plus cash for luxury stays at more than 20,000 hotels and resorts worldwide.
- Social Connections: To earn extra points for sharing, members can link their social media accounts to La Quinta Returns.
- Mobile Checkout: With a tap of a mobile phone, members can use La Quinta’s new and improved app to check out of their room.
- Every Night Counts: Members earn credit toward Gold and Elite levels even if a room rate doesn’t qualify for points.
- Every Stay Counts: Members can qualify for tier status by the number of nights and number of stays.
- Tier Upgrade: Bonus Members who qualify for Gold or Elite level earn bonus points on top of new benefits.
Under the new program, La Quinta Returns members will continue to earn points at the rate of 10 points for every dollar spent on eligible room rates at La Quinta hotels. Gold members receive a 20-percent bonus on all base points earned and Elite members receive a 30-percent bonus on all base points earned.