Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts announced 11 new hotels expected to open within the next 12 months. With these new openings, Le Méridien is on track to more than triple its portfolio in the Americas since the French-born brand was acquired by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide in 2005. In 2014, Le Méridien is slated to open hotels in both established and emerging destinations around the world from Chicago to Dhaka, Tampa to Bangkok and New Orleans to Thimphu.
“Last year, we signed more new Le Méridien hotels and resorts than any year since we added Le Méridien to Starwood’s portfolio of world-class brands,” said Simon Turner, president of global development, Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “We are proud to announce another equally strong year of growth momentum for Le Méridien, fueled by tremendous owner and developer interest around the world. The pace of both conversion and adaptive re-use projects has been the key driver of the brand’s growth, accounting for nearly all the openings this year in North America, and approximately half of those opening in other global markets.”
The new properteis include:
- Le Méridien Tampa (Florida, USA) – May 2014
- Le Méridien Dhaka (Bangladesh) – July 2014
- Le Méridien Chicago – Oakbrook Center (Chicago, USA) - July 2014
- Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa (Bangkok, Thailand) – August 2014
- Le Méridien Charlotte (North Carolina, USA) – August 2014
- Le Méridien Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad Road (Gujarat, India) – September 2014
- Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa (India) – October 2014
- Le Méridien Indianapolis (Indiana, USA) – November 2014
- Le Méridien New Orleans (Louisiana, USA) – Winter 2014
- Le Méridien Thimphu (Thimphu, Bhutan) – January 2015
- Le Méridien Jiaonan Resort (Qingdao, China) – January 2015
In 2013, Le Meridien opened new hotels in Dallas, Atlanta, and Santa Monica (USA); Yixing and Zhengzhou (China); Bali, Indonesia; and Cairo, Egypt.