Executives at Real Hospitality Group (RHG) opened a new Los Angeles Regional Office this month, and expanded the executive team with the hire of Randy Hulce as the company’s west coast VP.
Additionally, nine hotels are slated for grand openings in the first quarter of this year; with the first of nine now open in Newark/Wilmington, Del.
Randy Hulce was announced as the new VP of the western office, to be Los Angeles based. Hulce, a thirty-five year hospitality veteran, served as chief executive of a hotel company for a national hospitality REIT and senior executive positions in operations, asset management, sales and marketing and business development. He directed the operations of hotel assets from select service and boutique hotels to convention and luxury resorts, bearing the banners of IHG, Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott and Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. As a longtime resident of Southern California, his experience is deepest in the Western United States yet ranges from San Diego to Manhattan, Seattle to Miami, the Caribbean and Hawaii.
RHG is also opening nine new construction and acquisition projects on schedule. The first was the new 120-room Four Points by Sheraton in Newark/Wilmington, Del., which opened Jan. 8, 2015. The hotel has the Farm-A-Sea Bistro & Crafthouse, spa facilities and meeting and conference space ideal for business and social events. This is the company’s third hotel in the Wilmington market.
Additional projects scheduled for opening this quarter includes:
• 176-room Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Downtown Manhattan/Financial District, located on the East River, opening in February 2015.
• 128-room aloft Manhattan Financial District on Ann Street in the heart of the Manhattan downtown business district, and the first aloft to open south of Times Square, slated for February 2015.
• The 261-room Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Financial District, opening in March, is the largest Four Points by Sheraton hotel in Manhattan.
• 94-room Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott in Rehoboth Beach, Del., opening March 5, 2015. This will be the brand’s first hotel in the Rehoboth Beach market.
• The Boro Hotel Long Island City/Manhattan View, a 108-room upscale boutique hotel and is the fifth property for the company in the growing Long Island City market.
• The Bklyn House Hotel, a 116-room independent, upper-upscale hotel opening in the Bushwick community of Brooklyn.
• The 112 -oom oceanfront Residence Inn by Marriott Bethany Beach, Del., the first for the brand on Delaware coast with onsite dining operated by a renowned local restauranteur.
• The Commander Hotel, a 109-room, all-suite hotel on the oceanfront and Boardwalk in Ocean City, Md., opening for the season at the end of March.