* RLJ Lodging Trust entered into a purchase and sale agreement with Hyatt Hotels Corp. to acquire 10 hotels totaling 1,560 rooms for approximately $313 million. RLJ is expected to spend an additional $25 million in capital expenditures.
* The Qatari Armed Forces Investment Portfolio bought the Marriott Renaissance Barcelona hotel for $107 million. The hotel is located in central Barcelona and will still be run by Marriott.
* Ashford Hospitality Prime acquired the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower for $153 million. The 415-room hotel was recently taken over by Blackstone Group after defaulting on a loan. The sale is expected to close in the first quarter.
* Marriott International purchased Protea Hospitality, Africa’s largest hotel chain, for $186 million. The deal includes the creation of a property ownership company by Protea, which will allow it to keep ownership of the hotels it owns.
* Millennium & Copthorne Hotels purchased the Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour for $108 million. The hotel was purchased from Irish development firm Harcourt Developments. The deal is expected to be completed in the first quarter.
* The Torrance Marriott South Bay in California was sold to China-based Sichuan Xinglida Group Enterprises for $74 million. The new owner will keep Marriott as the operator of the 487-room hotel. There are plans to renovate the property.