* The Ascott Limited launched the second Citadines Apart’hotel in Australia after a $4.5-million update. The Perth hotel is the second Citadines-branded property in Australia.
* SpringHill Suites opened a 149-suite property in Oceanside, Calif. The hotel is owned by GF Properties Group and managed by Sage Hospitality of Denver. The hotel has 2,235 square feet of meeting space.
* Ritz-Carlton opened in The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto. The 134-room hotel is located on the Kamogawa River in Nijho Ohashi with views of the river and Higashiyama Mountains.
* The Malmaison Hotel in Dundee, Scotland opened after months of setbacks due to flooding. It was originally scheduled to open in December. The former Tay Hotel had renovations costing $25 million.
* Starwood Hotels & Resorts opened the 299-room Aloft Yancheng in Jiangsu Province. The hotel, owned by Yanchen Powerlong Real Estate Development, is the seventh Aloft in China.
* InterContinental Hotels Group opened the Crowne Plaza Belgrade. The former InterContinental Belgrade was bought in 2008 by Delta Holding, which has since signed a new management agreement with IHG.
* The first Holiday Inn Express opened in Jakarta, Indonesia. The 101-room hotel is the second Holiday Inn Express to open in Indonesia in three months.