* Sunny deal: Interval Leisure Group acquired Aqua Hospitality and Aqua Hotels and Resorts through an ILG subsidiary, Vacation Holdings Hawaii. Aqua is a management company representing more than 20 properties in Hawaii and Guam. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
* Social growth: RCI expanded its social media monitoring service, the Timeshare Online Listening Center, by adding a second center in its office in Mexico. After its initial program success, there was demand for monitoring in Spanish and Portuguese in addition to English.
* Hawaii opening: Hilton Grand Vacations welcomed its first guests to Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club. The opening is the final component of the Waikiki Beach Walk development.
* Finance news: Welk Resort Group closed a $158-million securitization backed by notes receivable from vacation ownership interests. Welk Resorts develops, builds and operates vacation ownership resorts; it has five properties open and two locations in development.
* Ski contract: Vail Resorts subsidiary RockResorts and developer JMA Ventures signed a management agreement for Constellation Residences at Northstar, a collection of ski-in/ski-out boutique residences located at Northstar California Resort and adjacent to The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe resort in Truckee, Calif.