* Spirit in St. Louis: The Mayfair Hotel in St. Louis re-opened with a new name: The Magnolia Hotel, following a 2013 closing for renovations. The 182-room hotel was named to the National Register of Historic Places 35 years ago, and was purchased by Stout Street Hospitality in 2003.
* Hoosier hotel: Cobblestone Hotels opened the Cobblestone Hotel and Suites in Salem, Ind., the first new-build Cobblestone to open in the state. The 36-room hotel was developed and constructed by BriMark Builders, which is building another Cobblestone Hotel and Suites in Charlestown, Ind.
* Outside Chicago: The Le Méridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center, a Rockbridge portfolio property, opened following a $25-million update. The 172-room hotel is managed by Wischermann Partners, and has 3,500 square feet of event space, two Spa Suites and an onsite restaurant.
* New in Irvine: The Courtyard Irvine Spectrum opened in Irvine, Calif. The eight-story new-build hotel has 210 rooms and more than 8,800 square feet of indoor and outdoor prefunction and event space.
* Now open: Hotel Equities re-opened the renovated 96-room Courtyard by Marriott Memphis East in Memphis, Tenn. New additions to the hotel include 42-inch TVs and working desk units in the guestrooms, and a new bistro in the hotel lobby, as well as a fire pit in the hotel’s pool area.