FCS Computer Systems releases FCS Vega, a first-of-its-kind solution that provides hoteliers with a long desired ability to tap into and understand the specific behavior of each individual guest. The new business intelligence system leverages the extensive guest-related data available through the FCS Rainbow Solution, a platform that streamlines daily operations with enhanced guest service management.
FCS Vega integrates this critical data stream with the hotel's third party systems' data to analyze guest behavior in a variety of scenarios; from the guest's searching behaviors to their actual stay and feedback afterwards. This 360-degree view of the stay experience makes Vega the only solution offering insights into exactly how guests interpret and react to a hotel's various services and amenities.
FCS Vegas works by dividing typical guest-related behavior into five distinct categories, defined by the platform as “spirits." This is accomplished through comprehensive reports and real-time dashboards, categorized to represent the five specific types of guest behavior, including:
- Search: Compiles data on search results, such as price and amenities typically found by guests within a variety of media outlets (online advertisements, advertisements etc.) and how such data affects their booking habits.
- Book: Provides insight into what led to a booking decision (loyalty program, word of mouth etc.). This also records details regarding what other amenities have been ordered like breakfast or transportation needs, along with insight on where the booking was made (hotel website, mobile app, third party website and etc.).
- Stay: Offers information on a guest's stay purpose (business related or not), which facilities they opted to use within the hotel, and any preferences, requests or complaints, as well as their manner of checking in (online, mobile app, front desk etc.).
- Spend: Furnishes vital statistics on individual guest spending habits that can be broken down and analyzed by demographic and/or season of the year.
- Feedback: Provides hoteliers with the opportunity to efficiently compile and analyze guest feedback from either internal/external surveys or social media accounts (Facebook, TripAdvisor etc.).
On top of the five “spirits" of a guest, FCS Vega also includes the "Three Pillars of Hotel Business," a core business philosophy that separates the five spirits into three distinct areas of hotel management — marketing, sales and operations.
FCS Vega is available in two versions. The standard version is designed for single hotel, available on-premise to maximize integration with other on-site systems or systems hosted in the cloud. Its ability to connect with the FCS Rainbow Solution and other third party systems, allows data consolidation, business analysis and 2-way data transfer for new business rules creation back to all systems tied to Standard Vega. The enterprise version is for corporate office/group level use, which is available in a SaaS model. Each property's Standard Vega, regardless of its location, can automatically transfer its unique data to the Enterprise Vega for a consolidated view and assessment of guest behavior across a chain.