Today owners and operators of limited-service hotels with 50+ rooms are communicating with staff and responding to guest requests faster and easier than ever before now that the HotelTap digital log book in the cloud is available as a mobile app.
HotelTap replaces notebooks, paper tickets, sticky notes, internal emails, spreadsheets, text messages and radios for recording and responding to guest requests, performing and tracking maintenance tasks, and resolving customer complaints. The new HotelTap mobile app is designed to share information via push notification between those who need to know, from department to department, employee to manager, and manager to owner.
“Customers were asking for better functionality and ease of use on smaller devices like cell phones and tablets vs. the desktop or web link to access HotelTap,” Sandip Jariwala, HotelTap founder, said in a statement. “To support that experience, developing a native language for mobile devices was the only way to go. Now that we are offering the HotelTap Mobile App, hotel staff are interacting with the system more efficiently than ever before. It’s saving considerable time for staff conducting room inspections, and mobile push notifications is proving to be the fastest way to receive requests and share them with appropriate staff or departments. Even bilingual employees are finding the HotelTap mobile app to be the easiest way to communicate.”
Hoteliers are using the HotelTap mobile app for:
- Setting tasks and marking them complete;
- Resolving complaints;
- Managing waitlists, lost and found and group reservations;
- Creating recurring checklists for shifts, inspections and preventive maintenance;
- Searching messages or information with tags and words;
- Retrieving equipment records to make informed expense decisions;
- Attaching documents, photos and videos to notes and tasks;
- Storing data and notifications;
- Filing daily activity reports to keep a paper trail of communications; and
- Receiving data security with daily backups.