Hotel Technology Next Generation releases the agenda for the European Conference on Oct. 20-22 at the Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee in Nice, France. HTNG generates conference programs that help attendees stay current on emerging technologies that drive business by focusing on continuing issues that technology can address for hotels.
Session topics for this conference agenda include:
- Constructing a legacy of value: how technology equals strategy for business — IBM keynote speaker Bruce Speechely will evaluate the technology outlook, apply those insights to the broader hospitality industry and visualize how technology might appear through the lens of the guest.
- Going digital — Deloitte Consulting's Amitava Chatterjee will examine the hotel industry's digital transformation.
- Power without wires – The vice president of market development at the Wireless Power Consortium will demonstrate how wireless power can be applied to many aspects of technology in hotels.
- Hotel trends and performance outlook for strategic decision making – STR Global will examine quantitative hotel benchmark performance, census and pipeline with particular focus on Europe.
- The evolving security landscape – An expert from Trustwave will share the latest developments in network security threats facing the hotel industry and how to defend against them.
- How network intelligence can transform the guest experience – The director of mobility solutions at Cisco Systems, Inc. will show how hotels can keep up with guest mobile devices, which have become the primary channel for interaction with customers in all markets.
- The sharing economy: creating new business and damaging existing ones – This session will address the growing impact of disruptive technology and the sharing economy on the hotel industry.
- IT leadership panel – CIOs from leading European hotel companies will discuss their top priorities and strategies.
The first day of the conference will feature deep-dive technology session topics such as door lock security, Wi-Fi authentication strategies, moving the PBX to the cloud, location based services, streamlining the guest check-in process and more.
Industry expert speakers include:
- Bruce Speechley, vice president, travel and hospitality, IBM Corp.
- Amitava Chatterjee, director of travel, hospitality and leisure industries, Deloitte Consulting.
- Celine Vadam, business development manager, STR Global.
- Charles Henderson, vice president, managed security testing, Trustwave.
- Akina Ho, vice president of strategy and global business development, FCS Computer Systems Sdn. Bhd.
- Tareq Ayub, director, travel industry strategy, Microsoft Corp.
- Satish Iyer, director of mobility solutions, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- John Perzow, vice president, market development, Wireless Power Consortium.
- Jan Jaap van Roon, CEO of Ireckon.
- Paul Squires, EMEA Hospitality BDM, HP.
- Matthew FitzGerald, systems engineering manager - hospitality, Ruckus Wireless, Inc.
- Graeme Powell, founder of Veridicum.
- Armand Rabinowitz, innovation architect, Hyatt Hotels Corp.
- Jeremy Ward, COO of iRiS Software Systems Ltd.
- Michael Zetterlund, product and marketing director, Ariane Systems.
- Albert Maes, regional director of IT - ECE, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Perry Correll, principal technologist, Xirrus.
Conference registration is open to any full-time employee of a company that owns, manages or franchises a hotel. For all other industry participants, HTNG membership is required. Technology providers, consultants and others who are not HTNG members should check with HTNG's membership department to ensure eligibility. For more information or to register, visit http://htng.org/conferences/europe/registration.