Ingenico Group released its Moby/5500 series of card readers. Built to support merchants in designing check-out experiences catered to increasing shopper expectations, the Moby/5500 series accepts all card-based payments with additional personal identification number on mobile compatibility.
“Shopper expectations have never been higher,” said Irfan Nasir, head of solutions development and deployment for Ingenico North America, in a statement. “This can mean paying with any of a variety of methods or expecting any sales personnel on the floor to be both a knowledgeable staffer and a mobile point of check-out themselves. Retailers need versatile and future-proof payment options to enable these interactions, which is why we designed the Moby/5500 series to handle any transaction type they would need.”
Key features of the Moby/5500 readers include:
- Accepts near-field communication/contactless, Europay, Mastercard, Visa chip-and-sign or chip-and-PIN, and magstripe.
- PIN on mobile-ready with the Moby/5500PM module version.
- Payment Card Industry-PIN transaction security 5.x certified to meet the latest security standards.
- Through Bluetooth, Apple MFi compatibility, support for multiple PADs, and more for seamless integration with peripherals, tablets and accessories.
- Compatible with more than 300 iOS and Android devices for tablet or smartphone integration.