Twelve new mini-courses are now offered by The School of Hospitality Business, an industry-specific school within the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University.
Prospective students can gain targeted hospitality skills in only two weeks, and choose the specific program that directly aligns with individual career aspirations and budgets. Mini-course offerings include:
- Introduction to Hospitality and Information Systems
- Private Club and Gaming Operations
- Foodservice and Lodging Operations
- Marketing and Leading Internal Customers
- Introduction to Financial Planning and Risk Management
- Hospitality Finance
- Quality and Facilities Management
- Supervision, Management and Introduction to Leadership
- Your Leadership Vision
- Strategic Hospitality Leadership
- Leading the Hospitality Business
- Your Leadership Journey
The MSU mini-courses are powered by state of the art online technology provided by University Alliance. Interactive learning tools include video-based e-lectures, discussion boards, live chat rooms. and email.
The program includes instant access to all of the same content found in the three full eight-week courses, making it possible to complete the same Management Certificate in the Business of Hospitality credential in smaller segments. Students who complete all 12 mini-courses will receive the framed Management Certificate in the Business of Hospitality — the same credential earned by those in the traditional three-course program.