OpenKey adds five new features in its mobile app Version 2.0. OpenKey's original app Version 1.0 launched last year with a simple user design and one main feature - opening a hotel room door. While this feature remains the main focus, users can now do more with these added capabilities:
- Profiles: guests profile allows users to easily manage the check-in process and receive their digital key via mobile app.
- Call the front desk: guests can call the front desk from their Room Informational Screen with the tap of a button.
- Estimated time of arrival: guests can now download the app before arriving, choose the hotel they have booked, and send the front desk their ETA. This will simplify 'late check-ins' for guests and enables the hotel to assign a room number before a guest arrives.
- ID captures: guests can now process a secured ID capture. This helps the front desk confirm the guest's identity and helps with hotel security.
- Arrival (digital access system): This allows a front desk agent to manage the ETA guest.
"The expansion of features we are able to now offer with this version of the OpenKey app will help make traveling easier and smarter," said Jon Alsup, lead project manager at OpenKey. "Our technology was developed specifically to make the travel experience simpler. Having an app that helps manage the check-in process and provide mobile access is what OpenKey 2.0 is intended to accomplish."
OpenKey Version 2.0 is available to download in the iTunes and Google Play stores.