OpenKey releases OpenKey Version 3.0 for its mobile app, which further enhances hotel amenities offered to guests. The previous version of the app allowed users to call the hotel's front desk directly from the app, check-in before arriving, provide an estimated arrival time, receive a digital room key (allowing them to skip the front desk), and gain access to their room via a mobile device.
In addition to this, OpenKey Version 3.0 will have additional capabilities including:
- Directions: providing driving directions to the hotel from the user's current location. This new feature alerts the hotel precisely when to expect a guest arrival, making the check in process faster and simpler.
- Location: this feature allows a guest to see how far they are from the hotel.
- ETA update: guests being able to modify their estimated arrival time (if previously given) so the hotel can ensure their room is ready prior to arriving.
- Mobile check-in: ID scan for registration enabling the hotel to send a mobile key one day prior to arrival.
- Hotel search: allowing guests to search for hotels that currently use OpenKey.
- Amenities: traveler's ability to call and book a variety of hotel amenities directly from the app.
OpenKey 3.0 also provides participating hotels with a technology platform that can recognize international phone numbers, provide Wi-Fi user information - including password, and allows the front desk staff to check-in a guest and send a mobile key directly from their computer.
OpenKey Version 3.0 is immediately available to download for iOS devices in the iTunes store; the Android version will be available on June 1.