React Mobile released a new e-book, "Panic Buttons are the #1 Must-Have Safety Technology in Hospitality." The new book is in line with new legislation surrounding improved standards for hotel employees and the American Hotel & Lodging Association's 5-Star Promise, a pledge to provide hotel employees across the U.S. with employee safety devices.
In an industry that has been plagued with substantial staff turnover due to mounting rates of violence, crime, threat and assault, new measures are now being enforced across the U.S. Hotel leaders must be vigilant in certifying they meet the requirements and compliance deadlines of hospitality safety mandates. Those that do not can suffer high costs, including punitive damages, civil penalties and fines.
The free e-book provides actionable information that hoteliers can use to ensure their staff can call for help during any emergency with the implementation of employee safety devices (or panic buttons) required by the new laws, and provides a thorough look at hotel safety, with topics including:
- How safe staff breeds a company culture that reminds employees and guests that hotel staff is valued and protected.
- How the 5-Star Promise has initiated a domino effect of safety regulations and reform across the country.
- Why noise-making panic buttons should not be used today.
- Why housekeeping is the most vulnerable department and what you can do to protect your staff.
- The benefits of next-generation hotel panic buttons and how their technology can save lives.
- How any incident, big or small, can create a social media disaster and tarnish your reputation and brand.
- How to choose the right ESD for your hotel.
- Steps to ensure you are compliant with new mandates.
“As hotels seek to protect their staff and their business, there is only one industry standard to look to, and that is the employee safety device,” React Mobile founder/CEO Robb Monkman said in a statement. “In 2020, companies are looking to elevate safety best practices and implement technologies to keep their employees secure, and this e-book can help identify the gaps, risks and opportunities.”