React Mobile released its the Bluetooth Low Energy 5.0 Beacon. The device is a discreet, easy-to-conceal tool that connects to React Mobile’s safety platform to deliver precise room-level location accuracy indoors in multistory buildings. Whether answering to a medical emergency, injury or staff harassment, hotels are able to deploy resources to the exact coordinates of their employee within seconds of an alert.
This product provides precise location information even within a high-rise building. When an employee safety device is activated, the device identifies the closest BLE beacon. It then reports the precise room number, in real-time, along with GPS coordinates, to React Mobile’s safety platform. The platform itself is robust and flexible, offering each hotel a tailored solution to suit their needs.
The device consists of a small slim form factor, running on internal firmware. It is capable of a long life and contains a single button that is capable of meeting a variety of customized needs. The beacon also consists of an ABS plastic housing and printed circuit board assembly mounted into an internal structure, which allows for the use of an accelerometer should it be necessary to determine orientation along the XYZ cartesian plane.
Core features include:
- Nordic NRF semiconductor-based microchip with extensive flash memory.
- 5 LEDs that can be programmed to perform several different functions.
- Field upgradeable with OAD/OTA firmware updates.
- Capable of advertising at -0dbM, a range of 100-150 feet.
- Readily sourced and procurable.
- Dimensions: 1.97 inches by 0.39 inch.
- IP53 standard, and resistant to water and dust intrusion.
- Hassle-free install, with preinstalled 3m adhesive backing.
- Unused features are extendable (LEDs, button, accelerometer, flash memory).
- Battery power by multiple CR 2032 cells, providing a battery life of three years.
“In case of an emergency, employees should be able to easily trigger an alert whether from an app on their phone or the simple click of a button,” React Mobile founder/CEO Robb Monkman said in a statement. “Unlike non-beacon devices, the BLE beacon can communicate an employee’s exact whereabouts even in those areas of the hotel where GPS location data might otherwise be unavailable. Not only is the information highly accurate, but it can continue to provide alerts even if it is moved or falls out of place. Ensuring staff can call for help quickly and discreetly is the key in safeguarding and making sure a bad situation doesn’t turn worse.”