RMS Hospitality Solutions introduces “The Hospitality Cloud," a suite of a la carte technology solutions designed specifically to streamline and simplify operations. On the Hospitality Cloud, lodging operators can run property management, point of sale, channel management, guest marketing, business intelligence, tour desk and other systems without any reliance on hardware or IT infrastructure.
"Lodging operators are quickly learning that by leveraging the power of the cloud they can operate more efficiently and much leaner than ever before," said David Jones, RMS Hospitality Solutions global director of sales and marketing. "Why pay multiple vendors for overlapping services if the same result can be achieved on a unified platform from a single supplier? The Hospitality Cloud is designed to enable operators to run every part of their businesses successfully without maintaining complicated networks or worrying about things like back-ups, updates and data security."
The Hospitality Cloud from RMS is a group of web-based modules that can be used independently or in concert to help make any hospitality business more profitable. The following elements reside on the cloud:
- Property management system: Enables operators to improve reservation management efficiencies and increase bookings via seamless, real-time online bookings and channel management integration.
- Point-of-sale system: Helps improve efficiency and profitability by streamlining tasks, increasing accuracy and producing reports when needed.
- Channel management system: Connects operators directly to their favorite online travel agents for easier and more efficient inventory distribution. The CMS links properties to the RMS booking engine (Book Now Button) and a range of travel websites without the requirement of a third-party channel manager. Rates and availability are automatically uploaded to all of the sites a property is affiliated with.
- Booking engine: Turns website visitors into customers via the RMS Book Now Button and offers real-time, instantly-confirmed online reservations. Reservations appear on the RMS bookings screen as soon as they are made, and rates and availability are synchronized by the CMS to prevent double bookings.
- Guest marketing: Generates emails and SMS/text messages for triggered campaigns based on pre-defined rules. The system provides tracking and reporting to measure the success of each campaign.
- Business intelligence: Analyzes guest preferences and buying behaviors to develop predictable data.
- Tour desk: Facilitates partnerships with theme parks and local attractions to generate incremental revenues through ticket sales.