Agilysys recently released an eBook, "Upgrading to a Next-Generation Hotel Property Management System." The book is based on research conducted by Starfleet Media and focuses on how hotels are looking to new PMS technology to optimize efficiency, maximize revenue and profitability, and drive competitive advantage.
“Hotels, resorts and other lodging properties that want to compete effectively in today's business environment must automate their daily operations across multiple departments and functions,” said Jeff Zabin, Starfleet Media CEO. “They also need visibility into all aspects of operational performance and guest experiences.”
Some of the findings include:
- 96 percent of respondents said that improving guest satisfaction is one of the biggest benefits one can expect to gain with the right property-management system.
- 44 percent of survey respondents from large, full-service hotels currently use a PMS to manage five or more functions or departments across their lodging property.
- 84 percent of respondents agreed that employees at all levels and across all parts of their lodging property require mobile access to be most effective in their day-to-day activities.
- 67 percent of respondents said that one of their primary reasons for upgrading their PMS was to improve data accuracy and performance reporting.
- 89 percent of respondents said that one of the biggest reasons to upgrade their PMS is to streamline operations and drive increased efficiency.
- 79 percent of respondents from large, full-service hotels (compared to 64 percent from midsize, limited-service hotels) said that upgrading their PMS has improved business results “significantly” or “dramatically.”
- 74 percent of respondents view the ability to integrate their PMS with their restaurant point-of-sale systems as “important” or “very important.”
- 21 percent of full-service hotels that have not purchased a new PMS within the past five years plan to do so in the next 12 months.