MCR, the seventh-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States, acquired the 140-room SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks in Northern Virginia, which received a $1.4-million renovation last year.
Located 20 minutes from Dulles International Airport, Fairfax, Va., offers travelers the opportunity to view the world's first supersonic airliner, a Concorde jet, at the nearby Smithsonian Air & Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center; learn how George Washington made whiskey in 1799 at Mount Vernon’s working distillery; and ride Cannonball Slides at SplashDown Waterpark. For business travelers, the SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks is close to Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, Boeing, the National Reconnaissance Office and other corporate headquarters.
“Everyone should visit Fairfax,” Tyler Morse, CEO and managing partner of MCR, said in a statement. “Historical sites, wineries, golf courses and the Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts make it the perfect getaway. In August, we look forward to welcoming family members of George Mason University’s 36,000 returning students.”
The SpringHill Suites Fairfax Fair Oaks is located at 11191 Waples Mill Road and includes:
- 140 suites with work spaces, minifridges, microwaves and coffee makers
- Free Wi-Fi and parking
- A complimentary hot breakfast buffet
- A 24-hour fitness center and heated indoor pool
- An outdoor patio with a fountain and a fire pit
- A 24-hour business center offering free faxing, printing and copying services
- Meeting space for 40 people
- Dry cleaning and laundry service
- Close proximity to the public Washington Metro Orange Line and the newly expanded Silver Line