Hyatt Hotels Corp. is planning to open more than 20 new luxury hotels and resorts by the end of 2020, adding new properties under the Park Hyatt, Andaz, Alila, Grand Hyatt, Miraval and Unbound Collection by Hyatt brands.
“Across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, as well as Southwest Asia, luxury properties account for over a third (35 percent) of our portfolio,” said Peter Fulton, group president – EAME SWA for Hyatt. “Europe in particular, with its unique and historic architecture, represents a natural home for The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand.”
As part of this global expansion, The Unbound Collection soft brand is seeing its strongest growth to date in Europe. Upcoming hotels include properties like Great Scotland Yard, the location of London’s former metropolitan police headquarters, which is expected to open Dec. 9; and the Hôtel du Palais Biarritz (France), the former imperial residence of Napoleon III, which is due to reopen in June 2020 after an extensive renovation.
Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2020, the Park Hyatt brand will open five hotels in Doha, Qatar; Jakarta, Indonesia; Niseko, Japan; Suzhou, China; and Auckland, New Zealand.
Other announcements include the expansion of the Alila brand with three luxury resorts expected to open in Switzerland, Malaysia and Oman. In addition, six Andaz-branded properties are due to open in Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Prague, Czech Republic; Bali, Indonesia; Shenzhen and Xiamen in China, and Palm Springs, Calif.
The Grand Hyatt brand also is set to continue to steadily grow with new openings in Hefei and the Shenzhou Peninsula in China, Kuwait, Gurgaon in India, Jeju in South Korea, and Nashville along with the first Grand Hyatt hotel in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
Planned Alila openings
- Alila Dalit Bay in Malaysia (2020)
- Alila Hinu Bay in Oman (2020)
- Alila La Gruyère in Switzerland (2023)
Planned/Recent Andaz openings
- Andaz Dubai The Palm (2019–will mark the brand’s entry into Dubai)
- Andaz Bali (2020–will mark the brand’s entry into Indonesia)
- Andaz Shenzhen in China (2020)
- Andaz Xiamen in China (2020)
- Andaz Palm Springs in California (2020)
- Andaz Prague (2022–will mark first Hyatt hotel in the Czech Republic)
- Andaz Seoul Gangnam in South Korea (opened 2019)
Planned/Recent Grand Hyatt openings
- Grand Hyatt Hefei in China (2019)
- Grand Hyatt Al Khobar (2020–will mark the brand’s entry into Saudi Arabia)
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait (2020–will mark the brand’s entry into Kuwait)
- Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India (2020)
- Grand Hyatt Jeju in South Korea (2020–will mark largest Grand Hyatt hotel in Asia Pacific)
- Grand Hyatt Nashville (2020–will mark the brand’s entry into Tennessee)
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in China (2020)
- Grand Hyatt at SFO–only on-airport hotel at the San Francisco International Airport (opened 2019)
Planned/Recent Park Hyatt openings
- Park Hyatt Doha (2019–will mark the brand’s entry into Qatar)
- Park Hyatt Auckland (2020–will mark the brand’s entry into New Zealand)
- Park Hyatt Jakarta (2020–will mark the brand’s entry into Indonesia)
- Park Hyatt Niseko Hanazono in Japan (2020)
- Park Hyatt Suzhou in China (2020)
- Park Hyatt Kyoto in Japan (opened 2019)
Planned Unbound Collection by Hyatt openings
- Great Scotland Yard in London (2019–will mark the brand’s entry into the U.K.)
- Hotel du Palais Biarritz in France (2020)
Planned Miraval openings
- Miraval Berkshires Resort and Spa (2020—will mark the brand’s entry into Massachusetts)