After reopening the Bellagio, New York-New York, MGM Grand Las Vegas and The Signature with limited amenities last week, MGM Resorts International is set to bring several of its resorts back in the weeks ahead.
Luxor and The Shoppes at Mandalay Bay Place will reopen on June 25, followed by Aria, Mandalay Bay, Four Seasons Las Vegas on July 1. Excalibur is expected to come back online on June 11.
“It was exciting and emotional to see the energy in Las Vegas last week as we welcomed back our employees and reopened our doors to guests for the first time in months,” said Bill Hornbuckle, MGM Resorts’ acting CEO and president. “We are eager to get more of our employees back to work and enhance the Las Vegas experience with additional resorts.”
Last month, MGM Resorts released details on the health and safety protocols the company is implementing for its domestic properties and resorts. The “Seven-Point Safety Plan” is a multilayered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to deter the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. Additions and changes are being made based on local jurisdictions.
“Our properties will not look the way they used to for a while, and that’s not only OK, it’s critically important,” Hornbuckle said at the time. “We will continue providing the hospitality experiences we are known for, but we must do so safely. We will continue working with experts and following guidance from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and government officials and regulators as we evolve these protocols based on the latest information.”