Advanced air purification, circadian rhythm lighting, dawn simulation and aromatherapy are just some of the new amenities in the newly opened Stay Well rooms at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina.
Created by Delos, the Stay Well room concept is the first of its kind to offer evidence-based health and wellness features to help travelers while they're on the road.
Wellness offerings have become increasingly important for business and leisure travelers. Marriott's new Stay Well rooms offer a holistic and revolutionary hospitality experience to help minimize the impact travel has on the body and mind. Rooms strive to reduce the effects of jet lag, decrease stress, enable more restful sleep and increase energy and vitality.
The South Tampa hotel converted 34 guestrooms on one floor to the new concept. Each includes:
- A state-of-the-art air purification system that reduces allergens and toxins invisible to the human eye.
- Circadian mood lighting that is engineered to emulate the color of natural outdoor light to help enhance sleep quality, energy levels and productivity.
- Long wave night lighting to allow guests to safely navigate at night while minimizing sleep disruption.
- Stay Well mattresses, which support the back.
- Dawn simulator to wake guests gradually and gently with increasing levels of music or natural sound, coupled with gradually increasing light.
- Aromatherapy to improve the ambience of the room.
- Vitamin C-infused shower system that neutralizes the effect of chlorine, known to dry the skin and hair.
In addition to built-in features, Stay Well rooms offer healthy menu selections, allergy-friendly cleaning processes, wellness programs, and meditation options via a mobile app. Travelers also will enjoy complimentary access to Cleveland Clinic's award-winning wellness programs for sleep, stress and nutrition management.