Hyatt Hotels Corporation is extending its World of Hyatt loyalty program into the home-sharing space. Members now can earn and redeem World of Hyatt points with Oasis, a serviced home rental accommodation platform offering access to more than 2,000 homes across more than 20 destinations worldwide.
Oasis accommodations include hotel-like amenities, such as in-person check-in, fresh linens, luxury toiletries, Wi-Fi internet and on-demand concierge services. Additionally, Oasis’ global operations expands Hyatt’s footprint in markets where Hyatt is currently underrepresented or not yet represented, including Barcelona, Spain; Ibiza; Uruguay; Rome; and Brazil.
“Sometimes our members’ travel needs go beyond a hotel, whether it’s because they’re traveling with a larger group, have a longer stay in mind, need more space or want to stay in a local neighborhood. But we understand that they also want the peace of mind, personalized service and loyalty benefits they expect from experiences backed by Hyatt,” Amy Weinberg, SVP, World of Hyatt, said in a statement. “As we continue focusing on super-serving our guests across more dimensions of their lives, this Oasis collaboration is an important step in understanding how we can serve our members in new ways and in new places.”
“Oasis was built on the idea of bringing high-quality standards, design and service to the world of home rentals, so it’s a natural progression to offer World of Hyatt members a new way to travel, without sacrificing the high standards to which they are accustomed,” Parker Stanberry, founder of Oasis, said in a statement. “Hyatt is the industry leader when it comes to offering genuine and trusted travel experiences, so we’re thrilled to participate in the World of Hyatt program.”
Oasis home rentals are part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand. Effective March 1, 2018, members who stay at an Oasis home rental can receive the following World of Hyatt benefits, which are consistent with Hyatt hotel locations worldwide:
- Earn 5 base points per eligible dollar spent on qualifying Oasis nights
- Earn tier-qualifying nights for qualifying Oasis nights
- Earn bonus points on eligible Oasis spend for elite members (10 percent for Discoverist, 20 percent for Explorist and 30 percent for Globalist)
- Request late check-out for elite members (2 p.m. for Discoverist and Explorist; 4 p.m. for Globalist)
Given the differentiated style of offering that Oasis provides, the following are Oasis-specific World of Hyatt benefits:
- Redeem 15,000 points for a $200 credit toward an Oasis stay (and additional increments of 15,000 points for additional $200 credits)
- Enjoy a welcome amenity at check-in for elite members
- For stays with a checkout date between March 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018, World of Hyatt members also have the ability to earn 1,000 bonus points per qualifying night on top of base points earned for stays at Oasis