BERLIN, Germany — Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the Minnetonka, Minn.-based hospitality company, made it official during the International Hotel Investment Forum: it is now Radisson Hotel Group, something its CEO John Kidd will help it unlock better value with customers and owners, alike.
“Over the next five years, we will build on our unique service heritage of making every moment matter for our guests, owners, shareholders and employees by being a true host and best partner,” Federico González, president & CEO of the Rezidor Hotel Group and chairman of the global steering committee for Radisson Hotel Group, said earlier this year.
In the exclusive video below, new CEO John Kidd touches on a variety of matters pertaining to the new company, including his goal to make Radisson Hotel Group one of the top three hotel companies in the world. He understands there is much work to be done, but has outlined 25 initiatives to help make it happen. WATCH...
The Radisson Collection
One of the ways is via a new brand. This summer, the company will launch the Radisson Collection, with 14 hotels already confirmed to join.
"72 percent of travelers prefer to spend their money on experiences rather than material things and the Radisson Collection caters to this demand," González said. "The hotels that have already joined the Radisson Collection are the perfect showcase for what the brand represents: authenticity, design and exceptional service. Ultimately, the brand and the hotels will be defined by the people who visit them and those who serve in them. We are incredibly proud of our global debut and look forward to the continued growth of our exceptional collection globally."
Flexibility will be a key factor for the new brand. Radisson Collection member properties will be able to either emphasize the brand or their own hotel identity in the property's name, depending on what is best for each asset. Currently, the soft brand has nine properties in the "Collection-led" program and five that are "Identity-led."
The approach to expanding the soft brand is a "pragmatic" one, González said at the International Hotel Investment Forum in Berlin today. "If a hotel already has high consumer recognition, don’t kill the equity of the brand," he said.
Radisson Collection Brand-Led Properties
- Radisson Collection Strand Stockholm, Sweden
- Radisson Collection San Marco Venice, Italy *
- Radisson Collection Ukraina Moscow, Russia
- Radisson Collection Paradise Resort & Spa Sochi, Russia
- Radisson Collection Royal Copenhagen, Denmark
- Radisson Collection Royal Mile Edinburgh, Scotland
- Radisson Collection Warsaw, Poland
- Radisson Collection Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria
- Radisson Collection Agra, India
Hotel Identity-Led Collection Properties
- The May Fair London, United Kingdom, A Radisson Collection Hotel *
- Old Mill Belgrade, Serbia, A Radisson Collection Hotel
- Symphony Style Kuwait, A Radisson Collection Hotel
- Hormuz Grand Muscat, Oman, A Radisson Collection Hotel
- The Emerald Grand & Spa Lagos, Nigeria, A Radisson Collection Hotel
*Pending final legal agreement and approval
Each hotel will include local touches like curated art and sustainability programs, locally inspired food and drink offerings and Running Collections; suggested running paths to explore the local neighborhood.