Ava Robotics has launched a new ultraviolet disinfection robot to manage COVID-19-related and other cleaning needs for a range of businesses.
The UV robot features:
- Applications that disinfect both air and surfaces.
- A disinfection rate of approximately 9,000 square feet per hour, with 99 percent effectiveness against COVID-19.
- Full autonomous operation and safe navigation.
- Remote access to the robot for facilities managers or other users.
- Emailed reporting, automatically sent to managers, confirming appropriate dosages for assigned areas.
- Integration of screens and speakers for disinfection-related announcements.
- Easy integration with cleaning best practices and existing protocols.
The UV Disinfection Robot is the newest addition to Ava's total workplace products, which focus on workplace health and safety. Ava's embedded technologies are already proven in the company's Cisco Webex-enabled telepresence robots, which help global enterprise businesses drive workplace collaboration initiatives.
"With this timely expansion of our technology, we are bringing an intelligent UV disinfection robot with autonomous mobility to a market in great need," said Youssef Saleh, co-founder and CEO of Ava Robotics. "Businesses must make employees, customers—and really anyone coming into their place of work—feel confident that all that can be done to keep them safe and healthy is being done."
Ava's UV robots are expected to become widely available and ship early in the second quarter of this year.