Leonardo Hotels, the European division of Israel's Fattal Hotels Group, has acquired a portfolio of properties from Portland Hotels that increases the company’s presence in Scotland. Portland Hotels will add 536 additional bedrooms across Scotland, and will take Leonardo’s presence in Edinburgh to 445 bedrooms with the Leonardo Royal, which was acquired in October last year.
Following the purchase, the hotel company will also gain new properties in Glasgow, Perth and Aberdeen.
The newly-acquired portfolio will be rebranded under Leonardo Hotels, and will be added to the Leonardo portfolio, which will have over 80 hotels after the acquisition closes. With the recently-acquired property, and the Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport, Leonardo's portfolio in the UK will grow to seven hotels with 1,048 guestrooms.
Hotels sold in the deal include:
- Edinburgh City Hotel: The Edinburgh City Hotel is a 52-room property in Scotland's capital city, below Edinburgh Castle and near Grassmarket, West End, Haymarket Station, the central business district and the Edinburgh International Conference Center.
- Edinburgh Capital Hotel: The Edinburgh Capital is between Edinburgh city center and Edinburgh Airport. In addition to its 111 guestrooms, the Edinburgh Capital hotel has seven meeting rooms with a capacity of up to 320 people and a leisure club with a swimming pool.
- Glasgow Pond Hotel: The Glasgow Pond Hotel, with its 137 guestrooms and three meeting rooms designed for up to 130 people, is in the West End of Glasgow.
- Huntingtower Hotel: Located in Perth, the Huntingtower Hotel has 34 guestrooms, meeting and event facilities and gardens.
- Speedbird Inn: The Speedbird Inn has 202 guestrooms, and is located near Aberdeen Airport and a parking facility.
Berlin-based Leonardo Hotels is the European division of Fattal Hotels Group, founded by David Fattal in Israel. Leonardo Hotels has locations in Israel and Europe, with more than 120 hotels in over 50 destinations. With over 80 hotels in more than 40 destinations, Leonardo Hotels has been operating on the European market since 2006 and in the 3- and 4-star categories. Currently in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, England, Scotland, Spain, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and Italy, the hotel group has more than 14,000 guestrooms and over 27,000 square feet of conference space. Leonardo Hotels' umbrella brand includes the Leonardo Hotels, Leonardo Royal Hotels, Leonardo Boutique Hotels and NYX Hotels chains.