Fifteen new investment projects by hotel industry groups are currently underway in various Greek destinations. According to Ekathimerini, local authorities have issued a series of permits to implement these investment programs, while other projects are already under development.
Greece's newest hotel investment projects are as follows:
- Zeus International and Wyndham Hotel Group will open two new hotels in Loutraki, near Corinth, this coming Thursday. The Wyndham Loutraki Poseidon Resort consists of 107 suites, while the Ramada Loutraki Poseidon Resort has 196 bungalows. Both properties have five restaurants and bars, four indoor and outdoor swimming pools and various sports facilities.
- Porto Carras received a license to update its Meliton property at Halkidiki, near central Macedonia. Greece's ministry of culture granted Akti Aghiou Ioanni environmental clearance to begin a project including a five-star hotel and 120 tourist residences at Aghios Ioannis. However, the ministry rejected the proposed location for an open-air theater.
- Forest Resorts is planning to construct a five-star hotel in the northwestern Greek city of Kastoria.
- Tsouramanis received a license to renovate and upgrade the Adonis Hotel in Patra.
- Inestia is launching its Intra Hotels brand in the Mykonos market with the new five-star Branco Mykonos hotel.
- More Meni Ike plans to develop a five-star hotel. Meanwhile, Daidalos received a permit to expand its four-star Diadalos Hotel.
- I.B.D.P.s.r.o. will construct a 132-room hotel at Platanias, near Hania, in Crete. The ministry of culture has given Stella Beach permission to extend its existing hotel at Hersonissus.
- The group currently operating the five-star Kontokali Beach Resort & Spa and Aeolos Beach Hotel is planning to develop a third property on the island of Corfu.
- Mandraki gained environmental clearance to expand its four-star 125-room Mandraki Village property in Skiathos. Kassandra Bay received the Ministry of Culture's archaeological terms approval for a new five-star, 182-room property in the region's Vassilias area.
- Antonis Moraitis secured permission to complete its unfinished three-star property in Milos.