Wichita, Kan.-based Hospitality Management named Bill DeWitt as the company’s new president, overseeing its hotel properties operating under Best Western and Choice Hotels International flags in Kansas and Oklahoma. DeWitt joined Hospitality Management in 2015 as VP of operations. He has more than 30 years of national-brand hospitality management experience, including corporate positions in sales, marketing and quality assurance with Best Western Hotels and Resorts, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Marriott Hotels and Red Lion Hotels.
“During his tenure with our organization, I’ve been tremendously impressed with Bill’s ability to maximize the guest experience at our properties,” Steve Martens, chairman and CEO of The Martens Companies, which owns Hospitality Management and five other hospitality and commercial real estate related entities, said in a statement. “Bill is an incredible coach and mentor to our associates and his attention to training and service performance has earned us multiple national awards from our brand partners, not to mention countless guest accolades.”
“I’m looking forward to Bill’s continued leadership and dedication to guest satisfaction as we bring additional lodging properties to the market over the next 36 months,” Martens said.
Hospitality Management currently owns and operates four hotels in Kansas and Oklahoma, with a fifth under construction. The properties are:
- Best Western Plus Norman – 116 rooms and suites in Norman, Okla.
- Best Western Plus Patterson Park Inn - 69 rooms and suites in Arkansas City, Kan.
- Best Western Blackwell Inn – 122 rooms and suites in Blackwell, Okla.
- Econo Lodge Blackwell – 60 rooms and conference center in Blackwell, Okla.
- Best Western Plus Lawrence at Rock Chalk Park – 116 rooms and suites in Lawrence, Kan. (opening summer 2018).