Marriott International opened its first AC Hotels by Marriott property in Canada with the AC Hotel Montréal Centre-Ville. The new property adds to the brand’s growing global portfolio of more than 120 hotels across Europe, Caribbean, Latin America and North America. Located in downtown Montreal on Boulevard René-Lévesque, steps away from the Quartier des Spectacles (entertainment district), the Palais des congrès de Montréal (Montreal’s convention center) and two city blocks from Old Montreal, AC Hotel Montréal Centre-Ville is designed for business and leisure travelers alike.
“We are delighted to welcome AC Hotels by Marriott’s first Canadian property to Montréal,” Don Cleary, president of Marriott International, Canada, said in a statement. “AC Hotel Montréal Centre-Ville remains true to the brand’s philosophy, which centers on creating thoughtfully designed moments that remind our entrepreneurial travelers to slow down and draw them into the present.”
AC Hotel Montréal Centre-Ville is a newly constructed hotel managed by Rimap Hospitality Services, and is located on the first 12 floors of a 35-story dual-use high-rise that also includes luxury apartments. The hotel has a European inspired aesthetic and food-and-beverage programming. The property offers 169 guestrooms with hardwood floors, walk-in showers, floor to ceiling windows and 50-inch HDTVs offering HBO.
“Our guests will be delighted to rest, dine and work in contemporary surroundings, in a prime city center location, steps from major festivals and prestigious business addresses”, Marc Varadi, VP of development at Rimap Hospitality Services, said in a statement.
Additional features offered at AC Hotel Montreal Centre-Ville include:
- AC Kitchen: Suspended between the ground lobby and mezzanine level, the AC Kitchen is home to the brand’s European-inspired breakfast selection, including croissants, egg tarts and Nespresso coffee. The Berkel slicer offers visitors hand-cut meats including artisanal La Quercia Prosciutto.
- La Palma: This restaurant on the hotel's lobby level invites guests and locals to experience Mediterranean-inspired cuisine by chef David Capel.
- AC Lounge: The lounge is a communal space by day and a hub of social activity by night. Guests can enjoy tapas-style appetizers, expertly crafted cocktails and variety of wines and spirits.
- Meeting Space: The hotel’s 5,900 square feet of meeting space includes 19-foot-high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows that offer an abundance natural light, and can accommodate anywhere from 10 to 150 guests.
- AC Store: A contemporary version of a convenience store, guests will find European snacks, refreshments and amenities.
- Swimming Pool: Located on the 12th floor with a panoramic view of Old Montreal, guests have access to Montreal’s only 21-meter swimming pool, dry sauna, exterior terrace and exercise room.
Introduced to the U.S. in 2014, the AC Hotels by Marriott brand originated in Europe in 2011 as a joint venture with Spanish hotelier Antonio Catalan and now offers a portfolio of over 120 hotels in countries across Europe, Latin America and North America.