Marriott Hotels and Lifewtr have collaborated to debut a new augmented-reality in-room guest experience. Guests are encouraged to browse virtual artwork from Lifewtr artists and transform the walls of their guestroom according to their inspiration. The AR experience was featured at a pop-up event taking place at The Oculus at the Westfield World Trade Center in New York and will continue to roll out for guests in Marriott Hotels nationwide throughout 2019.
“We are always looking for ways to engage and inspire our guests through innovative travel offerings, from the thoughtful design of our guest rooms to the enriching experiences we create with partners like Lifewtr,” Matthew Carroll, VP of global brand management for Marriott Hotels, said in a statement. “With our latest AR venture, guests can enhance their stay with us by using technology and art to spark new ways of thinking – from there, the opportunities are endless.”
How it works:
- Guests will receive a dose of inspiration by simply scanning a custom bottle tag on Lifewtr bottles found in participating Marriott Hotels.
- Users will be prompted to open the Facebook in-app camera for the AR experience to begin.
- Once the code found on bottle tags is scanned, guests can customize their rooms virtually with an augmented reality art gallery available on their mobile device, featuring artwork from 18 Lifewtr artists.
- Guests can choose their Lifewtr artwork and drag the artwork onto the virtual walls, or even color their own artwork to make the images their own.
- They can then share photos of their unique décor with followers across social media directly within the application.