Loews Hotels & Co., The Cordish Companies and the Texas Rangers announced their vision today for the hotel and convention center at Texas Live!, the $250-million dining, entertainment and hospitality destination being developed in partnership between The Cordish Companies, Texas Rangers and city of Arlington, Texas.
The new $150-million hotel, Live! by Loews - Arlington, Texas, will be attached to Texas Live!, a part of a $4-billion vision for the Arlington Entertainment District that includes the Rangers new $1-billion ballpark and the preservation of Globe Life Park. Positioned between the Texas Rangers' Globe Life Park and the Dallas Cowboys' AT&T Stadium, the project will become a resort-style destination for sports fans, visitors and families, as well as a location for meetings, special events and conventions.
"The Cordish Companies and the Texas Rangers are two world-class organizations with an incredible vision for the Arlington Entertainment District that is highlighted by their commitment to quality of design and architecture," Jonathan Tisch, chairman and CEO of Loews Hotels & Co., said in a statement. "This partnership allows us the opportunity to bring Loews Hotels back to Texas after a more than 20-year hiatus and presents what we plan is the first of several new hotels under the Live! by Loews partner brand."
"Loews Hotels & Co. brings a first-class level of hospitality that is unmatched," Blake Cordish, VP of The Cordish Companies, said in a statement. "Live! by Loews will debut on one of the highest and most exciting platforms of sports and entertainment in the entire country. Live! by Loews is a major step forward in cementing Arlington as the premier entertainment destination in the State of Texas."
"An upscale hotel in the Entertainment District has long been a dream for Arlington and we couldn't be more excited to see that dream become a reality with the addition of a Loews branded hotel," Jeff Williams, mayor of Arlington, Texas, said in a statement. "With this announcement, we have just combined three world-class businesses with a world-class destination. This is a home run for Arlington and its residents and visitors."
Designed by HKS Architects, the 14-story contemporary glass tower will have 302 luxury guestrooms, including 26 suites, with floor-to-ceiling glass windows. The tower will have several resort-style spaces and amenities, including:
- Tower terrace and event lawn: Located within a 40-foot-tall by 60-foot-wide veranda-style cutout through the hotel tower, the Tower terrace overlooks a multiuse event lawn designed for weddings, special events and community gatherings. The event lawn also has an LED screen for sports, movies and concerts.
- Outdoor infinity edge pool: Located adjacent to the tower terrace and next to the event lawn, the pool area at Live! by Loews will have two bars, including a swim up bar, rentable private cabanas, lounge space and a fire pit.
- Rooftop terrace private event space: Offering panoramic views of the Dallas and Fort-Worth skylines and Arlington Entertainment District, the rooftop terrace will have several private event rooms, as well as a central main space for private functions and events.
- Grand Event Center: The two story, 35,000-square-foot Grand Event Center will have a glass facade with views of the entertainment district. The meeting, event and convention space will include a grand ballroom with banquet seating capability up to 1,500, an executive boardroom with five additional breakout meeting rooms, pre-function space and a 1,500-square-foot outdoor terrace overlooking Johnson Creek and the Entertainment District
- Revolver Brewing brewery, bar and tasting room: A working brewery, bar and tasting room where guests can enjoy Revolver's flagship brands, like Blood and Honey, as well as specialty beers crafted for the stadium district.
- A 6,000-square-foot signature restaurant
- A fitness facility
- A porte-cochere entrance with 24-hour valet services
- Barista and coffee bar
Texas Live! is expected to create approximately 3,025 new jobs for the city of Arlington and Tarrant County, including 2,000 construction jobs and 1,025 permanent jobs, along with numerous vendor opportunities for local, minority, women and veteran-owned businesses. The dining and entertainment space in the district will open in 2018, with Live! by Loews scheduled to open in 2019.