The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay in Half Moon Bay, Calif., is offering its new “Global Cuisine Series” – an exclusive epicurean retreat featuring interactive culinary classes and special tasting menus from Navio chef Jason Pringle along with renowned chefs from around the world. Launching in May 2017 with only 14 seats available, the two-day package will be available one weekend per month and will feature a different chef each time.
Each retreat will consist of hands-on cooking classes in which guests will use locally sourced ingredients to craft their own menus alongside Pringle and the visiting chef. Guests will then have the opportunity to enjoy their meal in Navio with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. Custom wine pairings from the resort’s sommelier will complete the experience.
In addition to the interactive activities, the guest chef will showcase two original dishes on the Navio tasting menu for Saturday night along with a pop-up station at Navio’s signature Sunday brunch.
The Global Cuisine Series schedule is as follows:
- May 20-21, 2017 – Claudia Sandoval, winner of Master Chef Season 6 and author of “Claudia's Cocina: A Taste of Mexico”
- June 10-11, 2017 – Telmo Faria of Uma Casa, named one of the “Best New Restaurants to Try Now” by San Francisco Magazine
- July 22-23, 2017 – Charles Phan of the James Beard Award-winning The Slanted Door
- Aug. 26-27, 2017 – Charles Olalia of the acclaimed Filipino restaurant Rice Bar in Los Angeles
- Sept. 23-24, 2017 – Evan and Sarah Rich of the celebrated Rich Table, featured in Condé Nast Traveler's “3 Hours in San Francisco”
- Oct. 28-29, 2017 – Manish Tyagi of San Francisco's hottest new modern Indian restaurant August 1 Five
- Nov. 18-19, 2017 – Gerald Hirigoyen, James Beard nominee and Maître Cuisinier de France of Piperade, a West Coast Basque restaurant
- Dec. 16-17, 2017 – William Werner of contemporary patisserie Craftsman and Wolves and James Beard finalist for "Outstanding Baker"